Databases and registries
Webregisters - selected data from the registers of the ÚPV SR
The page contains links to databases of industrial property objects operated by the Industrial Property Office of the Slovak Republic, international or regional institutions and foreign offices. The data in the databases operated by the Office on the Internet are of an informative nature, do not replace the extract from the register and are not intended for legal acts.
Direct access: https://wbr.indprop.gov.sk
The databases contain data from the registers of industrial property objects maintained by the Office. They are updated on a daily basis. Instructions for use are available on the main page at the top of the Help section and also in the search masks under the 'question mark' icon.
Bibliographic data, data on the pendency and legal status of applications, full texts of published patent documents in PDF format, images of trademarks and designs, and log entries are available in the details of individual records.
The webregisters contain all designs and trademarks applied for and registered by the Office since 1993 and trademarks registered before 1993 by the offices of the state departments of which the territory of the Slovak Republic was a part at that time.
Patent documents issued before 1993 by the offices of the state departments of which the territory of the Slovak Republic was at that time a part are available below at the link of the Industrial Property Office of the Czech Republic - database of patents and utility models (Úřadu průmyslového vlastnictví Českej republiky - databáza patentov a úžitkových vzorov.)
International and EU databases
Patents and utility models
- PATENTSCOPE (WIPO) - a database maintained by the World Intellectual Property Organisation with international applications filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)and data on patent documents from different countries.
- Espacenet (EPO)- The database operated by the European Patent Office contains more than 80 million patent documents from all over the world. It is also accessible through the national patent offices of EPO member countries with a language environment. The Slovak version of Espacenet is available at: https://sk.espacenet.com/
- Guide to Technology Databases (rôzne)
The Guide to Technology Databases provides an overview of selected free and paid databases available to the public via the Internet. The guide was published by the World Intellectual Property Organisation in 2012.
- Industrial Property Office of the Czech Republic - database of patents and utility models
- Published applications for inventions, granted patents and registered utility models in the Czech Republic. Records of documents include basic bibliographic data, in some cases annotations, an image or chemical formula, and full texts of patent documents issued by the Czech Office in PDF format.
- MADRID MONITOR (WIPO)
- Database of international trade mark applications and registrations maintained by the International Bureau in Geneva
- EU TRADE MARKS (EUIPO)
- a database of Community trade marks with uniform effects throughout the territory of the European Union.
- Article 6ter (WIPO)
- the emblems, flags and other signs of national sovereignty of the Union countries, official assay offices, assay offices and marks, abbreviations or names of international or intergovernmental organisations as referred to in Article 6ter of the Paris Convention
- a database of trade marks of EU Member States (national, European, international with designation for the Slovak Republic, the EU and its Member States) in the languages of all participating countries, including Slovak, with links to national databases and to the TMclass system designed to assist in the classification of goods and services.
- Industrial Property Office of the Czech Republic-Trade Mark Database
- Database of Czech trademarks, international trademarks designated for the Czech Republic, list of well-known trademarks and Czech trademarks declared famous.
- Database of EU member countries' designs (national, European, international with destination for Slovakia, EU and its member states) in the languages of all participating countries, including Slovak, with links to national databases.
- RCD-ONLINE (EUIPO)
- Database of registered Community designs with uniform effects throughout the territory of the European Union.
- Hague Express Database (WIPO)
- international design registrations under the Hague agreement
- Database of Czech Industrial Designs
-The database contains only Czech registered industrial designs (designs) in the scope of bibliographic data and illustrations. The effect of valid designs is on the territory of the Czech Republic.
Designations of origin and geographical indications
- Database of GIs from EU Member States, third countries protected at EU level and EU GIs protected in non-EU countries. The database is available in the languages of all participating countries, including Slovak.
- A database containing:
- Register of designations of origin and geographical indications for wines protected in the EU in accordance with Council Regulation (EC) No 1234/2007;
- a list of geographical indications and appellations of origin from third countries that are protected in the EU under bilateral wine trade agreements;
- a list of traditional terms protected in the EU under Council Regulation (EC) No 1234/2007.