Search services in sources of patent information (inventions, technical solutions, designs and designations of products and services and designations of origin) are intended for the public.
The Office shall prepare a search report on the basis of a request from the customer, which shall contain a list or, where appropriate, more detailed data on documents containing relevant patent information. Searches shall be carried out in available databases and information sources. The form and content of the search assignment as well as the scope of the search results may be agreed in consultation with the Office's expert staff.
Telephone contact to the search offices:
Trade mark search: 048/ 4300 123 and 048/ 430 127
Design search, patent search: 048/ 4300 276
The Office offers two types of searches to those interested in patent searches:
Patent search on the state of the art - the subject of the assignment may be a product, device or technology described by technical design features. The client may specify the keywords and/or symbols of the patent classification in the assignment independently or in consultation with the relevant Office expert. The more specific and detailed the search assignment, the more relevant the search results. Too general a search term may lead to a large number of documents being found.
The search shall result in a search report in the form of an unstructured list of the documents found. The list may include active links to found documents in freely available databases, which the client can use to view the original documents and their possible patent families (equivalents of the same document published in different countries).
Patent search with commentary - unlike a prior art search report, a patent search report with commentary is structured and supplemented by a brief commentary on the content of each of the documents listed therein. In addition, the documents cited in the commentary search report are interpreted by symbols of relevance to the subject matter of the search. The relevance symbols indicate the relative novelty or inventive step of the subject matter of the search.
The search can be ordered by filling in the relevant form Order of search, which is located on the website of the Industrial Property Office in the section Documents and forms and sending it by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the address of the Office.
This service is charged according to the Price List of Services of the Office of the Industrial Property Office of the Slovak Republic (Cenníka služieb ÚPV SR (PDF, 162,5 kB)) in accordance with the Act of the National Council of the Slovak Republic No. 18/1996 Coll. on Prices, as amended. The price list is available on the website of the Office, also in the study room of the Office or can be sent to you on request.
The documents contained in the search report are generally valid for the territory of the Slovak Republic and are purely informative. Searches are carried out by the Office's staff in the information sources available to the Office on the date of the search. The results of the searches in the form of a search report shall not be the basis for the issuance of a decision of the Office for the Protection of Industrial Property of the Slovak Republic, nor for any other legal action, e.g. for actions relating to the proceedings in respect of any application for the subject matter of an industrial property filed in the Slovak Republic or abroad.
Continuous monitoring of the state of the art in the field or fields of the art and the States specified by the Customer and periodic transmission of copies of relevant published patent documents or specified parts thereof. By monitoring patent documents, the user gains an overview and orientation of the state of the art and development trends in the field of interest.
- The monitoring of profiles and sending of patent documentation of countries available to the Industrial Property Office of the Slovak Republic is a new service provided by the Office to interested professionals and the general public, patent attorneys, research institutes, schools, companies and organisations, etc.
- Monitoring of profiles means continuous monitoring of the state of the art - monitoring in the field or fields and countries specified by the ordering party and periodic transmission of the relevant published patent documents or their specified parts.
- The user shall indicate in the order the field of technology in which he/she is interested in monitoring the state of the art within the patent documentation, both verbally and by means of the International Patent Classification (MPT - see below). Furthermore, the user shall indicate the countries in which the state of the art in the specified field is to be monitored, the output requirement, i.e. the entire document or the cover page, and the method of delivery of the documents.
- By permanently following the profiles of published descriptions of patent applications and registered utility models, the user gains an overview and orientation on the state of the art and development trends in the field of interest
- By following the profiles of published descriptions of granted patents and registered utility models, the user obtains information on whether a particular invention or technical solution has been granted a patent or has been registered as a utility model, and thus whether it is potentially subject to industrial law protection within the Slovak Republic or abroad
- For this purpose, a profile is understood as a list of entries consisting of the International Patent Classification characters within one particular field of technology in the form of complete classification characters of the main groups, e.g. C 04 B 7/00, or subgroups, e.g. C 04 B 7/147, or incomplete classification characters with a right-hand extension, e.g. C 04 B 7*.
- Example: the user is interested in monitoring the state of the art in the field of installation of fibre optic cables underground or underwater. The order specifies, among other things:Field of technology : installation of fibre optic cables underground or underwater MPT inputs:
G 02 B 6/46
G 02 B 6/5*
H 02 G 9*
- The specified profile consists of three inputs. The asterisk at input 2 and 3 indicates the right-hand extension of the above MPT groups by all relevant subgroups which are hierarchically lower in the classification and belong to the domain of the technique under consideration. Input No 3 also indicates that the user is also interested in following the state of the art in the field of installation of optical conductors in combination with electrical conductors. If necessary, the user can further "refine" inputs 2 and 3 - i.e. specify the art in detail by providing the full MPT features instead of asterisks (as in input 1) at the cost of providing more inputs.
- In case of problems with the classification of the relevant field of technology according to the MPT, the user may use the advisory services of the staff of the study and search office of the Office of the Office of the Register of Inventions and Utility Models, or experts from the field of inventions and utility models.
Countries where profile tracking is possible:
- SLOVAKIA* - published patent applications, patents, utility models
- CZECH REPUBLIC* - published patent applications, patents, utility models
- EPO** - European patents or published patent applications
- WIPO** - published international patent applications under the PCT
- GERMANY** - published patent applications, patents, utility models
- USA** - patents
- UK** - published patent applications
- JAPAN** - published patent applications, patents, utility models
- FRANCE** - published patent applications,
- RUSSIA* - patents
- SWITZERLAND* - patents
- AUSTRIA* - patents and utility models
- CANADA* - patents
- BENELUX* - patents or published patent applications
- POLAND, HUNGARY, BULGARIA, ROMANIA, LITHUANIA, LATVIA* - patents
First pages with bibliographical data, annotation and figure (if available)full texts of patent documents
Monthly (if desired and, where possible, for selected countries, weekly)
- Profile introduction
- up to 20 entries within one profile - 3,31 €
- each additional entry within the same profile - 0,33 €
- any change, addition or deletion of one entry within an already established profile - 0,33 €
2. monthly flat rate
- up to 5 countries marked ** within the profile - 1,99 €
- each additional country marked ** within the same profile - 0,49 €
- up to 5 countries marked * within a profile - 1,32 €
- each additional country marked * within the same profile - 0,33 €
3. printing documents from CD ROM
- A4 format (single-sided) - 0,09 €/sheet (3 Sk/ sheet)
- A4 format (double-sided) - 0,13 €/sheet (4 Sk/ sheet)
4. export of documents in electronic TIFF format - 0,01 €/page
5. postage - according to the basic maximum rates for national postal and telecommunication servicese-mail (package of files in TIFF format compressed in ZIP format) - 0,16 €
6. floppy disk or CD ROM with the content of exported documents (package of files in TIFF format compressed in ZIP format)- according to the purchase price of the medium
Order form for tracking patent document profiles (Formulár objednávky na sledovanie profilov patentových dokumentov (PDF, 142,1 kB))
Price list of services of the Office of the Patent Office of the Slovak Republic (Cenník služieb ÚPV SR (PDF, 162,5 kB))